We're Hiring - Lead Carpenter
05/11/18 AT 10:17 AM
Chester Contracting Corp - Wingdale, NY 12594
$24,000 - $52,000 a year
Function of Job:
Under broad supervision of designated supervisor, to be responsible for and/or lead and assign work to a crew of carpenters.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee project crews in carpentry work required for the maintenance, repair, and alteration of buildings and structures.
- Assist in the supervision/operation of the carpentry crew and assigned personnel, as directed.
- Assist in the coordination of carpentry crew with that of other trades.
- Assist supervisor in matters deserving attention regarding carpentry work.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates, reports and requisitions.
- Coordinate the flow of work orders, maintenance requests and other related forms between the shop and physical plant work control unit.
- Be able to perform all duties of carpenter or finish carpenter, following recognized procedures/techniques for such work, as required.
- Act as supervisor in his/her absence.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
- High school graduation or equivalent and four years of experience as carpenter
- Knowledge of and ability to operate carpenter shop tools and equipment.
- Ability to lay out construction, remodeling and alteration work.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy work with exposure to inclement weather conditions for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment, as necessary.
- Supervisory ability.
- Valid motor vehicle operator's license if required.
- If warranted by specific job duties assigned to position, must pass drug and alcohol screening tests as mandated by Department of Transportation agency regulations.
- Carpentry: 5 years
- Construction: 5 years
Required license or certification:
- OSHA 30